The 1600’s gave a great impetus to the development of European cuisine. The Spanish and Italians said that tomatoes are the way to make their food, thanks to researchers from America, the potato found its home in northern Europe, but Turkey began to grow vyvázať červenú paprika at this time.
Hungarians soon realized that they were already good for their soil and their kitchen. Cultivated with love and dried for over 500 years. Meanwhile, the offer has grown significantly, and 7 types of dried roots are available on the market today in Hungary.
The odyssey of paprika finally resulted in majarské a tá to one of the most delicious roľníckych jedál in the world, that majarskému paprikáš. We don’t know when this dish made its way to Hungary and then Central European cuisine. It is thought that the original recipe comes from the south of Hungary, the sunny region of the cities of Szeged and Kalocs, the home of premium Hungarian paprika.
Paprikáš is one of the few foods in the world that takes its name from the name of the root. Tradičný paprikáš is pochúťka cooked with chicken meat, onions, dried paprika and sour cream, served with haluška. Chicken can be replaced with ham or beef, we prepare vegetables and mushrooms. In modern recipes, tomatoes have found their place, which is good for their taste and sour cream.
For 4 servings we will need:
- 1 kg of chicken pieces
- 4 dcl sour cream
- 3 dcl chicken or vegetable broth
- 2 spoons of animal fat
- 2 tablespoons of ground sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- 2 spoons cold muky
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 onion
- stay strong
- petržlenový vňaťku
You may be interested in: Unadulterated paprika in two ways: Taste the true taste of Hungary
- Start with the chicken. Wash and dry the pieces well. Heat the oil in a large pot and fry the chicken until golden.
- Then take the meat out of the pot and put it aside and fry finely chopped onions in oil. After a while, add the crushed garlic.
- Reduce the heat a little, add all kinds of paprika to the mixture. Mix and quickly pour in the sauce so that the paprika does not burn. Bring to a boil and let the mixture boil.
- Return the chicken to the pot and cook for 30 to 40 minutes. When you poke the meat with a knife, it should slowly separate from the bone.
- When the meat is soft, add the cream ingredients to the sauce, which you have already mixed well. Boil the mixture for 8 to 10 minutes, then add the finely chopped tomatoes. Mix well and cook everything for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Paprikáš dozdobte petržlenovou vňaťou a podovajte so zemiakovými haluškam. However, you can also use rice or pasta.